Section 1 describes how Monet Engine gathers and applies information from end users in providing the Monet Engine Services; Section 2 describes how Monet Engine gathers and applies information about Monet Engine Customers and the information Monet Engine collects when a person visits and uses the Monet Engine website; and Section 3 describes privacy policies that apply to both the information we collect from end users through the Monet Engine Services and the information we collect from Monet Engine Customers and visitors of our website.
Section 1: End User Information
The Information We Collect
When you interact with a website or app that uses the Monet Engine Services, we may collect information about your device and the ads you view or click. The Monet Engine Services are designed to avoid collecting information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, or email address, but the information we collect does enable us to recognize your device over time. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
• Information about your device, such as the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, IP address, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), applications using the Monet Engine Services and the version of such applications, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer).
• The geo-location of your device (using GPS or other geo-location data), when location services have been enabled for the mobile app or website that uses the Monet Engine Services.
• Log information, including the app or website visited, session start/stop time, time zone, and network connection type (e.g., WiFi, cellular), and cookie information.
• Information that Monet Engine Customers and other third parties have collected and share with Monet Engine, such as information about activity in their services. This may include the content you view or searches you made, the language you prefer, or other non-personally identifying demographic or interest information, to help make the ads served to you more relevant.
• Information about ads served, viewed, or clicked on, such as the type of ad, where the ad was served, whether you clicked on it, and whether you visited the advertiser’s website or purchased the product or service advertised.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide and improve Monet Engine Services, including for the following purposes:
• Ad Reporting and Conversions: Reporting to advertisers information about when and how users have been exposed to their ads, clicked on their ads, or visited their website, and reporting to publishers information about when and how ads were shown on their properties and were clicked on.
• Serving ads: Allowing publishers to offer advertising inventory in their mobile apps and websites, and advertisers to bid on and fill that inventory.
• Interest-Based Advertising: Allowing Monet Engine and Monet Engine Customers to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their app and website activity and inferred interests. Monet Engine’s policies prohibit Monet Engine Customers from sending or targeting advertisements based on information that we consider sensitive, such as race, religion, politics, sex life, or health.
• Geo-Targeting: Where permitted by the user’s device, allowing Monet Engine and Monet Engine Customers to serve ads based on a user’s location.
• Frequency Capping: Preventing users from seeing the same ad too many times.
• Providing and Improving Our Services: Auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, and improve our Services and develop new services, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
• Fraud Detection and Prevention: Identifying invalid clicks (or ad queries) and protecting Monet Engine and Monet Engine Customers from fraudulent behavior.
Monet Engine will not combine the non-personally identifiable information collected to provide the Monet Engine Services with your personally-identifying information without your express consent.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We share the information we collect to provide and improve Monet Engine Services, as follows:
• We share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about the use of our Services with Monet Engine Customers. For example, we provide advertisers reports showing how many users viewed or clicked on their ads. We also provide publishers reports about the types of ads served to their apps.
• We share with data partners who help Monet Engine Customers to improve the performance of their bids or inventory on our mobile advertising exchange.
• We share with advertiser customers information so that they can decide whether to bid on ad inventory or serve an advertisement and choose the best ad for that device. Monet Engine Customers are obligated to use the information they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• We share information within our corporate family to provide, understand, or improve their or our services.
• We share with partners who help with anti-fraud, quality, and security efforts to ensure the safety, security, privacy, and accuracy of the Monet Engine ecosystem.
Your iOS mobile device may provide a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. On Android devices, your settings may allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads.” When you have opted out using this setting on a device, Monet Engine will not use in-app information collected from that device to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeted based on your inferred interests. Your mobile web browser may also provide a “Do Not Track” browser setting. When you have enabled this setting in your browser, Monet Engine will not use mobile web browsing information from that browser to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeting based on your inferred interests. Monet Engine requires its advertising customers to honor opt-out preferences expressed using these controls.
Monet Engine does not permit the Monet Engine Service to be used to collect information from apps directed to children for purposes of creating interest-based profiles or serving ads based on users’ inferred interests. Monet Engine may collect information from apps directed to children for other purposes, such as serving advertisements based on contextual information, like the the content or type of the application (for example, serving an ad for a video game to a gaming app).
Privacy Practices of Monet Engine Customers
Section 2: Data Collected from Monet Engine Customers and on Monet Engine’s Websites
To become a Monet Engine Customer, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and company name. You also may be asked to provide personal information in certain fields on this website. Registration information is used to provide the Monet Engine Services and to send promotional information about the Monet Engine Services. To opt out of receiving promotional information, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with account tools to access, correct, or modify personal information you have provided to us in association with your account. If you wish to delete your account, you may do so by contacting email@example.com.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Web Log Information
When you visit our websites, our servers automatically record certain information in our log files. This web log information includes your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, and cookie information. Like many websites, we use web log information, along with cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, to operate our websites, better understand how they are used, resolve technical problems, and enhance your experience on our sites.
Cookies are small files that websites place on your computer as you browse the web. A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page and is often used in connection with cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some sites may not function properly if you disable cookies.
Section 3: General Information
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties, including Monet Engine Customers, data partners, and our corporate family. This information may include, for example, browser cookie IDs, mobile device IDs, demographic or interest data, and content viewed or actions taken on a website or app.
Information Collected by Others
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may also share information when we have your consent to do so.
Confidentiality and Security
Monet Engine has implemented reasonable security measures in order to protect both personal and non-personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Consent to Data Processing and Transfer
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to use your information in, and as a result to transfer it to and store it in, the United States and any other country where we, our service providers, and our Monet Engine Customers operate. Privacy and data protection laws in some of these countries may vary from the laws in the country where you live.
Changes in Corporate Structure
If you have questions about this policy, or inquiries or requests regarding your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.